11.09.2011

Monster Glass

I just picked up this monster piece of glass for little or nothing at my local camera shop, thank you Steve! The wonderful Nikkor 135 mm f 2, made in Japan, not China, a tough one to focus with my tired eyes, but tack sharp when you're on the money. It's certainly not a replacement for my 105 mm or my 60 mm micros, but something to consider for portraiture and studio work. It may not have a use for food photography, will see and by the way, if you're shooting a DX format, you have a 200 or so mm f 2, you know the deal.




The image below was the first picture taken with this beast, sharp as nails at f 5.6. Shot on a tripod mounted D300 about 6 feet from the subject and about a 1 second exposure.



All Images Copyright © Michael Grayson


The souffle was yummy too!